Smart4tech Ltd (company number 10258398) is registered with the ICO Data Protection Register under ZA410894 registration number.
At Smart4tech Ltd, we take data privacy and security policy very seriously. Smart4tech Ltd (“Smart4tech”, “our”, “us”, “website” or “we”) will aim to ensure that the use of your Personal Information is compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulations (‘The Acts’), (“GDPR”), and the Data Protection Act 1988.
LEGALITY OF DATA PROCESSING
All personal data provided by you through www.smart4tech.com are dealt in accordance with the Acts.
This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it, or otherwise, you provide your Personal Information to us.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
In order to improve our website content, design and performance, we may monitor visits to our website, however, the data we use does not identify you.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
There are certain types of data we may collect directly from you or via third parties. The information you may want to share with us might include your email address, phone number, first name, last name, company name, job title. Other types of automatic data include cookies and usage data.
Direct methods include:
– when you or your organisation contact us directly with a business or any other query;
– when you or your organisation contact us via our website;
– when you or your organisation share contacts during events or meetings;
– when you or your organisation send us services proposal or provide services to us.
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Whilst visiting our website, we may automatically collect some data about you, which is necessary keep track record of statistics (usage data), to improve our product and services, as well as to grow our business. These include:
– The automatic information (“Log Data”) is sent by your browser during and will include some specific technical details about your: your internet protocol (“IP address”), time zone settings, type and version of your browser, operating system and platform.
– Details about your visit, how much time you spent and which pages you visited on our website; your search details – products and services; page response times; website errors; page navigation information (i.e. as clicks, scrolling and mouse-overs); and which gadget you used whilst visiting our website.
– Information about your online visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and type of gadgets used to navigate our website; as well as any contact number used to call us.
THIRD PARTY DATA
If and when you provide us with any personal data we don’t currently in accordance with the current legislation, it will be considered third-party data. It means that you are the existing data controller of such data and you should ensure that you comply with the existing data protection legislation to share such data with us. It is an obligation to provide transparency about manage and process personal data and with whom you share it, including Smart4tech. We will process any third party data in compliance with an existing anti-fraud and anti-money laundering established practices and legislation.
Types of cookies we may use:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for our core website functionality, for example, flash cookies, and to log-in into our secured areas.
Performance cookies. These cookies help us to analyse and optimise design and performance of our platform; they also help to respond to errors. The information collected by these cookies can’t identify you personally and is stored in an anonymous way.
Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise and distinguish you when you return to our website. They help us to remember your preferences and enable us to provide you with customised content and features. As a result, these cookies save you time and effort.
Targeting or advertising cookies. These cookies are used to record your visits and navigation history throughout our website, including subpages and links. They help us to our marketing and communications strategy. We may also share this information with affiliated third parties (for example, marketing agencies) for these purposes.
You may disable or remove some cookies by choosing so in your browser settings. In case you decide to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), some parts of our websites will not work properly.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal data we collect from you we may use for the following purposes:
– to optimise content, design and performance our website and platform in order to deliver the best experience for you;
– to manage our website internal operations, which include data analytics, testing, statistics, surveying, testing and troubleshooting and other possible maintenance purposes;
– to analyse information our marketing and advertising activities we deliver to you and to other parties, and to improve the quality of them;
– to ensure privacy and security of our website;
– to inform you about any relevant changes and updates regarding our products and services, and to enable us to receive feedback and complaints from you in the most efficient way;
– to allow to participate in our surveys and interactive features, if and when you choose to do so;
– to make recommendations and suggestions to you and other users that might be relevant;
– to provide and deliver our consultancy or other services;
– to process your necessary information in accordance with compliance and/or a legal obligation. If we have business or commercial grounds to use your data and this is not overridden by your rights and interests;
– to process necessary information in case of for the public interest or if requested by official authorities;
– to respond to legitimate queries of the owner of the information in the future;
– to fulfil contract obligations towards the owner of the information.
The time period for which we may retain records about you in our systems will depend on the purposes for which the data was collected and whether you have requested deletion of the personal information.
We will not store your personal data for longer than it is required by business (operational) purposes, good practice, or legal objectives.
We may continue to retain your personal data for up to 6 years after you or your business has stopped using our services in order to protect our rights in any legal or regulatory proceedings. In certain cases in accordance to some regulatory and compliance purposes we would need to store your data for up to 12 years; these may include hard copies of certain legal documents (contracts, court and security documents). When your personal data is no longer required to be retained by us, we will delete it or make it anonymous.
In accordance to the Personal Information is compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulations (‘The Acts’), (“GDPR”), and the Data Protection Act 1988, you have legal rights to in regards to your personal data management, which include:
– make a subject access request verbally or in writing;
– request to delete or to correct your personal data;
– restrict a use of your personal data, for example, marketing purposes;
– request and reuse some personal data for your own purposes.
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
For more details or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
Last updated: June 2018